Monday, December 10, 2007

A lil taste of Led Zep '07



Couldn't make it to their one-off UK gig? Of course you knew that this was gonna make it to YouTube somehow and of course it did. The video's not bad and the audio leaves something to be desired but for you classic rock fans, it's still a nice lil glimpse of the show, with an 8-minute version of "Kasmir" (one of my favorite tunes of theirs. I'm betting that they do tour at some point but I hope that I'm not the only one that'll be satisfied for now for seeing Plant tour with Alison Krauss.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hopes for "Fool In The Rain" have been cruelly dashed...

(and, no, I'm not being sarcastic. I love that song...)

7:25 PM  
Blogger Perfect Sound Forever said...

I hear ya. That whole last album is pretty underrated.

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason -

You probably know this already, but in case you don't... In Through The Out Door is basically a Plant/Jones record. The pair recorded most of the parts themselves (Page is definitely *not* on some of the tracks), which may explain why it gets short shrift from Zep fans. I agree, though, it is a terrific album.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Perfect Sound Forever said...

I've always thought of ITTOD as a Jones record, definitely because of the music (more keyboards than guitar) and also felt that he usually never gets the credit he deserves for not only co-writing many songs but also making the sound of the group most interesting. Though Page and Plant kept teaming up for shows and albums on their own after the group broke up, at least they knew better than to call themselves Led Zep without him (though I'm guessing there would have been some kind of legal barrier too).

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home