Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pazz and Jop 09

It's time again for the poll that writers complain about and yet vote in anyway- the Village Voice's annual Pazz and Jop. Yep, I did participate but with the usual reservations that I only get to tell people there about a fraction of all the music I liked last year.

One thing I do enjoy about P&J is to not only learn about the consensus out there (even though it crowns a small group of kings and queens while leaving many other deserving artists in the dust) but also other albums or singles that I missed or dismissed.

To make sure that I was caught up, I went through YouTube and other sources to hear as much as I could that I wasn't familiar with. To make it easier, I wanted to put together an online playlist. I like Last.FM but most of the P&J songs weren't playable there or you could only hear a 30-second sample. So instead, I put together a list of the top 25 singles from P&J into a Grooveshark playlist (registration required but it's free). Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home