Thursday, December 09, 2010

2010's Greatest Hits















Of course the order here is subject to whims that change minute by minute but I just wanted to share all the good music I could get my ears on this year.

For what it's worth, I've been mulling over the National's record since it came out (great live act though) and didn't list Fela Kuti's catalog since that's been available otherwise recently (though you should definitely own it one way or another). For whatever reason, this was a great year for reissues of other African music too.

And yeah, Kanye really did make the best record I heard this year even though it's probably not his best and also more of a sign that the second half of this year was pretty lean with quality music otherwise.

Also, what I had to say for last year's list still applies: "
from this list below, I hope you find out about and enjoy an artist that you didn't know before or get some confirmation about something you liked already or maybe even wonder about my taste in music.
" Plus, part of the fun of this is that lists like these are never final and not just because the order changes but also because years later, we keep finding out about great albums that we missed out on now.
















ALBUMS
















SINGLES













REISSUES/ARCHIVES


2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

hey the Ebo Taylor is not a reissue! It is a new record!!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Perfect Sound Forever said...

Thanks for alerting me. I'll fix that.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home