Friday, July 06, 2007

Dubstep- straight outta Romania

I've really tried to enjoy dubstep, a hybrid of dub music and two-step (aka a fast version of jungle) since it sounds like such an enticing idea- you know, like mixing chocolate and peanut butter and coming up with Reece's. Sad to say, the collections I've heard so far (Box of Dub, Techtonic Plates, as well as the Burial album) have left me cold. Just when I was about to give up on it, I came across a Romanian label called Dubkraft and damn if they're not doing it right, which is interesting since most (all?) of the dubstep music I've heard comes from the UK. They don't have a very extensive catalog yet but what I've heard so far is enticing- it's got the mysterious quality of dub which I love, mixed with the excitement of the best two-step music (though admittedly, it leans more towards the former). As of this fleeting moment, their whole catalog could barely fill a CD but when it does, I'll be first in line to buy it. Hear some of their sounds at their MySpace page.

2 Comments:

Blogger Silviu Costinescu said...

such nice words are at the end of the day our most cherished pay off for all the work!
thank you!

DubKraft Crew

11:04 AM  
Blogger Silviu Costinescu said...

PS: our catalogue has extended, nicely i reckon, check it out! ;)

DubKraft Crew

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home